Grant Application Examples and Guides
- Grant Writing 101: It's Not Rocket Surgery
- NSF Grants.gov Application Guide
- NIH Grants Application Guide (Version H)
- NIH Grant F Series Samples
- NIH Specifics Aims Page - Rhetorical Patterns and Components (PDF)
- Ruth L. KirschsteinNational Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship (Parent F32) Application Guide
- K99 Specific I/C
- Writing an Effective K Application, presentation by Dr. P. Kay Lund and Dr. Henry Khachaturian (Division of Biomedical Research Workforce - NIH): Writing_an_Effective_K Award.pdf
- Several NIAID investigators have agreed to share their exceptional applications and summary statements as samples to help the research community (Link).
- UArizona Research Development Services Proposal Preparation guidance
- UArizona Research Development Services Proposal Development Tools
- NRSA Individual Postdoctoral Fellowships FAQs
- Tutorial for NIH RePORTER & Matchmaker – an overview tutorial of identifying past awards and how to determine the best Institute/Center for your concept.
- NIH R01 Proposal Guidance – general guidance for overarching proposal development for the NIH R01.
- Distilling NIH Summary Statements & Guidance on the Introduction to Resubmission – guidance on how to best distill your summary statement and support your A1 submission.
Webinars and Workshops
- NIH for Postdocs Workshop: A Closer look at the F32 & k99/R00 Mechanisms, by Bekah Coskun, DrPH, Research Development Services (UA)
- Preparing for a F32 application (Presentation slides by Dr. Daniel Nuyujukian)
- Preparing for a K99/R00 application (Presentation slides by Dr. Melissa Furlong)
- Grant Development Resources: Who, When, What and How (panel discussion offered by Arizona Cancer Center)
- On-demand webinars about Planning and Writing Successful NIH Grant Proposals by AtKisson Training Group are available here (you will need your @arizona.edu email to register).
- Federal Funding for Postdocs Workshop: NIH, NSF, and DOD (use your UArizona credentials to access)
- The Patterns of Introductions in AIMS Pages
- Understanding NRSA Fellowship "F" and "T" Training Grants
- All About NIH Grants – Podcasts
- NIH Grants Fundamentals - YouTube Webinars
Training Grant Resources
If you are preparing a training grant that will fund postdocs, or if your postdoc is working on their own individual training grant, you will probably need information about campus resources and support. Here, we provide some documents that may be helpful.
- Principal Investigator, Project Director, Co-Principal Investigator (PI, PD, Co-PI) Eligibility
- The Institutional Environment section of a training grant may require information about the UArizona environment for postdocs; general information about what is offered by Postdoctoral Affairs can be found here. A list of typical UArizona workshops offered for postdocs each year can be found here. Note that postdocs are also eligible to earn a teaching certificate and a responsible conduct of research certificate.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) may require a Career Development Plan (CDP) for the F32, K awards, and other training grants. Here are some guidelines for creating a CDP.
- NIH Research Training and Career Development