Office of the Provost Fall 2021 Resources
With the ongoing changes in the classroom due to COVID-19, the Office of the Provost has created Classroom Management Resources to support instructors in maintaining a safe, healthy, and equible classroom.
The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL) is an international network of almost 40 research universities across the U.S. and Canada, including UArizona, that collaborate to provide free professional development opportunities for graduate students and postdocs interested in teaching as part of their academic careers. One of these resources includes the Postdoc Pathway, a program to earn the Postdoctoral CIRTL Certificate. CIRTL strives to train STEM graduate students and postdocs to be excellent evidence-based teachers as well as excellent researchers, but scholars in all disciplines who are interested in improving their teaching should consider joining! As part of the CIRTL membership, UArizona graduate students, postdocs, and interested faculty have access to all of the CIRTL teaching and career development tools, including resources for teaching online.
UArizona Office of Instruction and Assessment
The UArizona Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA) offers a variety of services and programs to provide instructional support and development opportunities for those teaching on the UArizona campus.
- The OIA sponsors a Certificate in College Teaching consisting of 10 units of coursework that provide foundational information and help develop the competencies necessary to teach effectively in higher education. Courses are eligible for Qualified Tuition Reduction (QTR).
- A list of workshops and mini-courses on topics such as improving student writing and effective teaching methods for student engagement.
- The OIA Teaching Resources site offers a collection of quick guides and mini primers to help you think about and engage in teaching. Please log in with your UArizona NetID.
- OIA includes consulting services related to teaching evaluations, technology, media support, and development.
UArizona Libraries Resources
The UA Libraries offer a range of teaching support:
- Resources for instructors
- Free-to-use course materials
- Collaboration on instructional needs
- Request an instruction or workshop space
- Find your librarian
UArizona Certificate in Science Communication
Science communication is a critical societal need, yet most people have no formal training in how to communicate science to public audiences and non-scientists. This certificate is open to postdoctoral fellows. If you are eligible for Qualified Tuition Reduction (QTR) as a UArizona employee you may take courses at a discounted rate.
UArizona Office of Academic Affairs
Academic Affairs offers a variety of tools, support and webinars available to get faculty speed on strategies and technologies.
National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. University of Arizona faculty, postdocs, and graduate students are granted free membership (sign up with your UArizona email). Find more information here.
Teaching with Digital Tools and Apps
With the abundance in education technology (edtech) tools and apps currently available, and new ones popping up in app stores daily, how do you find the right ones for your practice?
This free, open access Teaching with Digital Tools and Apps eBook highlights the key steps and considerations for finding, evaluating, and teaching with digital tools and apps!