Listed here are resources to help postdocs find funding sources both within and outside the UArizona. Resources related to grant writing are in the next section (Grant Application Resources).
|Postdoctoral Research Development Grants||March 2022|
|UArizona BIO5 Postdoctoral Fellowship||September 17, 2021|
|Commission on the Status of Women Mini Grants||TBD|
|The University of Arizona Libraries Data Grant Program||TBD|
Subscribe to The Current, a weekly digest of funding opportunities and news. Research Development Services (RDS) identifies opportunities relevant to the University of Arizona research community and circulates them in a weekly digest that is distributed on Tuesdays.
Many searchable databases contain information about postdoctoral positions as well as grant and fellowships to help fund your research.
Pivot - (formerly Community of Science) A source of public and private funding opportunities as related to research, collaborative activities, travel, curriculum development, conferences, fellowships, postdoctoral positions, and more.
Graduate and Postdoctoral Extramural Support Database at UCLA (GRAPES) - Searchable database for graduate and postdoctoral opportunities with over 250 postdoctoral listings.
Grant Forward - Searchable research and fellowship database with some 1,500 postdoctoral funding opportunities. You may register with your email.arizona.edu account, and sign up for Alert notifications in your designated field.
Pathways to Science Postdoctoral Positions - Pathways to Science is a project of the Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP). Pathways to Science supports pathways to the STEM fields: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Benchspace Postdoctoral positions - Find research and job opportunities to join great labs, and work at world-class research institutions are out there.
NSF: National Science Foundation and STEM-Related Opportunities
Many programs and directorates within the National Science Foundation offer postdoctoral fellowships. For a general list click here
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellowships (AAPF)
- Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (AGS-PRF)
- Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships (EAR-PF)
- Earth Institute Columbia University (http://www.earth.columbia.edu/
- Earth Science Data Systems, Raskin Scholarship
- Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (MSFRF)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Biology (NSF-PRFB)
- Social, Behavioral & Economic Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (SPRF)
- The Peking University (PKU) and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis International (IIASA): (Link Here)
NIH: National Institute of Health
- NRSA Individual Postdoctoral Fellowships (NIH-F32)
- International Research Fellowships (for qualified non-immigrant foreign scientists) (NIH-F05)
- Pathway to Independence Award (NIH-K99/R00)
Other Government Agencies
- Post-Doctoral Research Training in Genetic Epidemiology National Cancer Institute
- Department of Energy EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards (DOE-EERE)(Grad and Postdoc)
Army Research Lab (ARL) Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships provide recipients the opportunity to pursue independent research while working alongside some of the nation's best scientists and engineers.
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Database which includes opportunities with the following organizations: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Energy (DOE), National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL), Office of the Director of National Intelligence, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Navy
- CDC Evaluation Fellowship Program seeks applicants who will work under the leadership of CDC’s Chief Evaluation Officer; they will be matched with CDC host programs in Atlanta, Georgia to work on program evaluation activities for/with those programs.
Humanities & Social Sciences
- CAORC NEH Senior Research Fellowship
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Grants and Fellowships
- American Philosophical Society Mellon Foundation Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellowship (APS)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Mellon Fellowships for Digital Publication. Deadline: April 27, 2022.
- National Endowment for the Humanities Postdoctoral Fellowships. Deadline: April 13, 2022.
- Huntington Museum: Long and Short Term Awards/Fellowships
- Gettysburg College Fellowship: Consortium for Faculty Diversity Postdoctoral Fellowship/ More Fellowships
- Max Weber Fellowship Program for Postdoctoral Studies: International students who have received a doctorate in economics, law, history, social and political sciences, or a related field, within the past 5 years. Total Award Amount: 2000 Euros.
Many foundations and associations offer postdoctoral funding. Some examples are listed below, but this list below is by no means comprehensive. Please use the searchable databases listed above to find more opportunities.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS): AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships: Roger Revelle Fellowship in Global Stewardship, AAAS Mass Media Science & Engineering Fellows Program
- Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (FORD): Funding from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Trialect Inc (Link here): Opportunities For Health Professionals
- Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program (IC)
- Funded primarily by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), Government Laboratories
- NARSAD Young Investigator Grants (NARSAD)
- For postdocs working on any psychiatric illnesses
- Guggenheim Foundation Research Grant (GUGGENHEIM)
- Natural and social sciences and the humanities that promise to increase understanding of the causes, manifestations, and control of violence and aggression.
- National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship (NAEd/Spencer):
- Supports up to 30 early career scholars working in critical areas of education research.
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers early career and postdoctoral awards to American citizens who have recently completed their doctoral degree – typically within five previous years. To learn more, visit https://cies.org/us-scholar-awards.
The Fulbright Scholar Program is eager to engage postdoctoral fellows through new opportunities in a range of countries and fields.
Overview: The Fulbright Scholar Program presents excellent opportunities for recently minted scholars to deepen their expertise, to acquire new skills, to work with additional resources and to make connections with others in their fields, all while serving as cultural ambassadors and meeting the public diplomacy intent of the Fulbright Program – to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. To learn more, visit the Fulbright postdoctoral fellowships webpage, Catalog of Awards, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility: Review detailed application guidelines and review criteria. Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Start an application today! Please contact Fulbright with any questions. Their staff is happy to answer any questions regarding any of the opportunities listed above or the Fulbright Scholar Program in general.
If you know of an opportunity that you would like to share with the UArizona community, please email email@example.com