Resources for academic careers
From UCSF Career Page
- Research-focused position:
- Research and teaching-focused position:
Interviewing for Faculty Positions
- Schedule for an academic interview visit: Sample for a Research-focused position, with two visits to the department
- Schedule for an academic interview visit: Sample for a Teaching-focused position, with one visit to the department
Resources for alt-ac careers
- A Toolkit of Transferable Skills for Postdocs
- NIH Guide to Resumes & Curricula Vitae
- NIH Guide to Cover Letters
All alumni (and postdocs) can access our job board, live career webinars, networking resources, and more.
Learn more about applications, pivoting out of academia, motivation for writing, mentorship, the job market, hitting deadlines, tenure, and more from this previous R1 tenured professor, department head, and university advisor.
Whether it is giving presentations for colleagues in your department or at a national conference, teaching in front of undergrads, or giving a job talk, public speaking is a critical skill to practice and master.