Before Your Postdoc Arrives
The following steps are suggestions to ensure your postdoc's arrival is as smooth as possible.
- Refer them to the Postdoctoral Affairs website to be sure the new postdoc is aware of university-wide resources and support, including information on campus life and housing.
- Point them to the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) website to view all of its valuable resources, and the Postdoc Academy, a free comprehensive program built on the NPA core competencies to support skill development throughout postdoc training.
- Introduce your postdoc to other postdocs in the department/unit. Also inform the new postdoc about the UA Postdoctoral Association, an organization which represents the UArizona postdoc community.
- If your postdoc is international, point out the International Faculty and Scholars section of the Global Initiatives website.
- Keep in touch after hiring your postdoc and before their arrival to UArizona.
- For helpful hints on mentoring postdocs see our Mentoring Resources.