University of Arizona Funding Support Services
The University of Arizona Research Development Services (RDS) provides a weekly email announcement compiling recently released and upcoming funding opportunities from multiple funding sources including federal, international, and foundation funders. You can subscribe to the funding opportunities newsletter Here.
The Early Investigators Opportunities page is updated by UA RDS and provides examples of funding opportunities available specifically to early career investigators.
Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities - Searchable Databases
Many searchable databases contain information about postdoctoral positions as well as grant and fellowships to help fund your research.
Pivot - (formerly Community of Science) A source of public and private funding opportunities as related to research, collaborative activities, travel, curriculum development, conferences, fellowships, postdoctoral positions, equipment acquisition, operating and capital expenses, and more. Geographical coverage is worldwide. Pivot contains approximately 1800 postdoctoral award or young investigator opportunities. Be sure to subscribe to the Alert Service. This subscription database can be accessed through UA Library databases.
Graduate and Postdoctoral Extramural Support Database at UCLA (GRAPES) - Searchable database for graduate and postdoctoral opportunities with 283 postdoctoral listings.
Grant Forward - Searchable research and fellowship database with some 1,500 postdoctoral funding opportunities. You may register with your email.arizona.edu account, and sign up for Alert notifications in your designated field.
Pathways to Science Postdoctoral Positions - Pathways to Science is a project of the Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP). Pathways to Science supports pathways to the STEM fields: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. They place particular emphasis on connecting underrepresented groups with STEM programs, funding, mentoring and resources.
Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities – Fellowships and Grants
NSF: Many programs and directorates within the National Science Foundation offer postdoctoral fellowships. For a general list click Here
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellowships (AAPF)
- Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (AGS-PRF)
- Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships (EAR-PF)
- Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (MSFRF)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Biology (NSF-PRFB)
- Social, Behavioral & Economic Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (SPRF)
- NRSA Individual Postdoctoral Fellowships (NIH-F32)
- International Research Fellowships (for qualified non-immigrant foreign scientists) (NIH-F05)
- Pathway to Independence Award (NIH-K99/R00)
Other Government Agencies
- Department of Energy EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards (DOE-EERE)
Many foundations and associations offer postdoctoral funding. Some examples are listed below, but this list below is by no means comprehensive. Please use the searchable databases listed above to find more opportunities.
- Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (FORD)
- Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program (IC)
- NARSAD Young Investigator Grants for postdocs working on any psychiatric illnesses (NARSAD)
- Guggenheim Foundation Research Grant (GUGGENHEIM)
- National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship (NAEd/Spencer)
Postdoctoral Funding for Women
- American Association of University Women Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowships (AAUW)
- L’oreal USA for Women in Science Fellowship Program (L'OREAL)
We are actively updating these lists. If you know of an opportunity that you would like to share with the UA community, please email email@example.com