- Postdoctoral Employment Classification and Benefits at a Glance
- Arizona Board of Regents Postdoctoral Policies (enter 'Postdoctoral' in search box)
- Arizona Board of Regents Policies - Conditions of Postdoctoral Scholar Service: 6-310
- Arizona Board of Regents 6-908 Intellectual Property Policy
- UA Human Resources Benefits Page
Information For Hiring Units
Postdoctoral Job Titles, Structure and Benefits
Some units utilize unique job titles and career ladders where additional assistance is needed to determine if the position is a postdoc position. The decision tool helps to identify whether a specific research position qualifies as a postdoctoral position.
Employees hired under the Conditions of Postdoctoral Service fit into the Faculty Ancillary category.
Postdoctoral Offer Letter Template
See Faculty and Appointed Personnel Offer Letter Builder Template.
Specific benefits available to each of the five postdoc job titles.
Post docs may contribute to a Tax Sheltered Annuity (403(b)) and/or to the
Deferred Compensation Plan (457).
University Handbook For Appointed Personnel (UHAP)
The UHAP is the relevant handbook for postdoctoral research associates. Conditions of Postdoctoral Service are found in Chapter 12.
Information on policies applicable to Research Associates not defined as Postdoctoral Scholars is contained in the UHAP Chapter IV. ARLS has prepared a useful comparison of Postdoctoral Scholars vs Research Associate - FY 2012 Overview applicable to scholars who do not meet the postdoctoral definition.