University of Arizona Funding Support Services
The University of Arizona Research Development Services (RDS) provides a weekly email announcement compiling recently released and upcoming funding opportunities from multiple funding sources including federal, international, and foundation funders. You can subscribe to the funding opportunities newsletter Here.
The Early Investigators Opportunities page is updated by UA RDS and provides examples of funding opportunities available specifically to early career investigators.
Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities - Searchable Databases
Pivot - (formerly Community of Science) A source of public and private funding opportunities as related to research, collaborative activities, travel, curriculum development, conferences, fellowships, postdoctoral positions, equipment acquisition, operating and capital expenses, and more. Geographical coverage is worldwide. Pivot contains approximately 1800 postdoctoral award or young investigator opportunities. Be sure to subscribe to the Alert Service. This subscription database can be accessed through UA Library databases.
Graduate and Postdoctoral Extramural Support Database at UCLA (GRAPES) - Searchable database for graduate and postdoctoral opportunities with 283 postdoctoral listings.
Grant Forward - Searchable research and fellowship database with some 1,500 postdoctoral funding opportunities. You may register with your email.arizona.edu account, and sign up for Alert notifications in your designated field.
Pathways to Science Postdoctoral Positions - Pathways to Science is a project of the Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP). Pathways to Science supports pathways to the STEM fields: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. They place particular emphasis on connecting underrepresented groups with STEM programs, funding, mentoring and resources.
Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities – Fellowships and Grants
NSF: Many programs and directorates within the National Science Foundation offer postdoctoral fellowships. For a general list click Here
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellowships (AAPF)
- Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (AGS-PRF)
- Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships (EAR-PF)
- Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (MSFRF)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Biology (NSF-PRFB)
- Social, Behavioral & Economic Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (SPRF)
- NRSA Individual Postdoctoral Fellowships (NIH-F32)
- International Research Fellowships (for qualified non-immigrant foreign scientists) (NIH-F05)
- Pathway to Independence Award (NIH-K99/R00)
Other Government Agencies
- Department of Energy EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards (DOE-EERE)
Many foundations and associations offer postdoctoral funding. Some examples are listed below, but this list below is by no means comprehensive. Please use the searchable databases listed above to find more opportunities.
- Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (FORD)
- Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program (IC)
- NARSAD Young Investigator Grants for postdocs working on any psychiatric illnesses (NARSAD)
- Guggenheim Foundation Research Grant (GUGGENHEIM)
- National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship (NAEd/Spencer)
Postdoctoral Funding for Women
- American Association of University Women Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowships (AAUW)
- L’oreal USA for Women in Science Fellowship Program (L'OREAL)
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program for Postdocs
For the purposes of the Fulbright Scholar Program, an applicant is eligible for postdoctoral awards if they will finish all of the requirements for their Ph.D. program by February 1, 2018, or have received their Ph.D. in the last five years (unless otherwise stipulated by an award description). Below is a list of awards open only to early career/postdoctoral candidates, meaning that applicants will be evaluated alongside fellow recent graduates. This list is by no means complete. A list of additional opportunities is available in our Catalog of Awards.
· Australia: Australia offers three Postdoctoral awards, one hosted at Deakin university and one hosted at the University of Newcastle.
· Chile – Fulbright Astronomy and Antarctic Studies Award: This award will fund postdoctoral/early career astronomers and data scientists to research or teach and conduct research at universities or the Chilean Antarctic Institute.
· China Studies Postdoctoral Scholar Award: Early career applicants from any discipline may apply – particularly welcome are experts on global climate change, sustainability, and the environment – with the opportunity to conduct research and collaborate with colleagues.
· France – Fulbright-EHESS Post-Doctoral Award (Junior Research): Located in Paris, this prestigious institution offers an opportunity to conduct research in several disciplines.
· Italy – Fulbright – Schuman Postdoctoral Award at the European University Institute: The grantee will focus on developing professional skills such as teaching, academic writing and publishing and job market presentation within the field of EU studies.
· Israel – Postdoctoral Fellowship: These unique and prestigious grants are open to researchers in all academic disciplines and support programs of work for up to 20 months (two academic years).
· Mexico – Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award: Applicants are welcome in all disciplines for this three to 10-month grant; STEM applicants are especially encouraged to consider applying.
· Taiwan – Arts, Education, Humanities, Professional Fields and Social Sciences (Postdoctoral Scholar Award): This award is open to any research subject from Cross-Strait studies to marine sciences. Selected candidates will present lectures, seminars, and workshops.
For eligibility factors, detailed application guidelines and review criteria, please visit our website. Applicants may also wish to join My Fulbright, a resource center for applicants interested in the program. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and the current competition will close on August 1, 2017. Start an application today!
Our staff are happy to answer any questions regarding any of the opportunities listed above or the Fulbright Scholar Program in general. Please contact us with any questions. Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
We are actively updating these lists. If you know of an opportunity that you would like to share with the UA community, please email firstname.lastname@example.org